Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Photo Shoot


PHOTOGRAPHER: Now if you could just look over--

ACTOR: Is it okay that I did my own make-up?

PHOTOGRAPHER: What?

ACTOR: My make-up.

PHOTOGRAPHER: Your--?

ACTOR: Is it all right? I mean, I didn't know if this was the look you were envisioning, and I wasn't sure if there would be someone here to do it ...

PHOTOGRAPHER: You're wearing make-up?

ACTOR: I was going for a kind of dreamy-but-realistic look. A look that says my character is looking toward the future but ALSO has his feet planted firmly on the ground ...


PHOTOGRAPHER: Look kid, I don't know what they told you. It's just a local ad for the hospital that's two blocks away--

ACTOR: I realize how important make-up can be to the photographer's craft and I didn't mean to overstep any professional bounds, so I REALLY hope you're not offended ...

PHOTOGRAPHER: I couldn't give two shits. Honestly--


ACTOR: I know all about stage make-up. Because I've had extensive experience in dinner theater.

PHOTOGRAPHER: Sure thing, kid--

ACTOR: I thought I'd use a similar look to the one I used when I appeared in Cabaret at the Highland Park Community Center last summer. The Rt. 1 Weekly Clipper raved that I was "off-book."

PHOTOGRAPHER: Uh-huh--

ACTOR: I think the white pancake base and dark eyeliner really bring out my eyes. Also, I really love The Cure. Have you ever heard of The Cure? How about Emo Phillips? I could add more mascara ...


ACTOR: Does the hair work for you? I cut it myself. I was going for "kicky." Is my lipstick okay? I wanted to make sure they're nice and red ...

PHOTOGRAPHER: Kid, I already took the picture.

ACTOR: Beg pardon?

PHOTOGRAPHER: We're done here.

ACTOR: We're--?

PHOTOGRAPHER: Done, yes.

ACTOR: Oh.

(pause)

ACTOR: Did you need to take another one?

PHOTOGRAPHER: No.

(pause)

ACTOR: Are you sure?

(pause)

ACTOR: Hello?


Till next we meet ...

No comments:

Post a Comment